How to ApplyApply to year 1 of gymnasium
Applying to year 1
You apply to year 1 of high school through Gymnasieantagningen. They open in mid-January every year, and you can read all about the application process and eligibility on their website.
Applying after the school start, year 2 or 3
You apply to transfer to our school directly on our website. You find the form for International Baccalaureate here and for our national programmes here.
Before you apply
You choose a programme with the specialisation you are looking for at the desired gymnasium you want to study at. The Studie- och yrkesvägledare (SYV) at your school can help you in preparation for this.
- what programme and courses suit you
- which schools have the programmes your are looking for
- what you need in order to get into your desired school
Talk to friends, former classmates and visit as many Open Houses as you can before making a final decision. Everyone has different experiences and knowledge, adults, teachers, current students of the school you are interested in - it is important to get as much perspective as possible. Your school SYV will also help you to get the answers you need in order to make a decision.
You can also use Skolverkets website and Gymnasium.se to find and compare schools:
Find the right gymnasium
There are many school to choose from, some things to keep in mind are:
- distance to where you live
- is the school close to a commuter train or bus station
- does the school have a lunch room or gym hall
- what extra curricular activities does the school provide
There are many ways to find out information about the different schools.
- read about the school on their website or follow them on social media
- visit Gymnasium.se and compare the programs you are looking for and which schools offer them
- go to Open Houses and talk to students and staff