Natural Science Programme with Specialisation Social Science
The Natural Science with specialisation Social Science Programme is primarily aimed at students who are interested in both the sciences and social sciences. It has a slightly different focus than the Natural Science – Natural Science Programme placing more emphasis on social science subjects alongside the sciences.
Compared to the Natural Science Programme, the Natural Science-Social Science Programme allows you to read a choice of science subjects instead of the whole range. This programme does not offer Physics 2.
Whilst the course prepares you for many of the Natural Science subjects at university level, you have to make a conscious choice in your electives in your third year to make sure that you’re eligible for the subjects you’re interested in studying at university.
This Programme seeks to develop the abilities of students to research, analyse and communicate within the context of a wider awareness of the natural and social sciences and its interaction with other scholarly disciplines. The course goals are to:
- acquaint students with the principal concepts and practices in the natural and social science disciplines
- help students develop an understanding of the scientific methods and objectives of current natural and social science research
- develop the language skills of the students so that they can communicate at an appropriate level generally, and specifically, in the vocabulary of the natural and social sciences
- equip the students with the capacity to establish relationships between the principal elements and concepts of the natural and social science disciplines
- help students integrate the disciplinary knowledge into a coherent framework.
University / Careers
Graduating from IEGS with the Natural Science with specialisation Social Science Programme will give you the skills to pursue university studies in Sweden or abroad in the natural sciences, humanities, business, law, economics and the arts. If you are looking for a career in medicine, veterinary science, dentistry, engineering, biology, chemistry, biotechnology, business, criminology, international development, education, law, psychology, among many others, this is the kind of programme you should be considering.
Highly Qualified Staff
The faculty who teach science are highly qualified from world-renowned universities such as Oxford, UCL, Harvard, Uppsala University, UEA, Sheffield, KTH and Karolinska Institutet. Many have experience teaching at university level or working in industry.
The department has a tradition of success and has established an excellent reputation among Sweden’s top university science departments.
Over the years students studying the Natural Science Programme at IEGS have been specifically selected by the Karolinska Summer Research Program to participate in their summer school.