Open House Updates
Our Open House on January 26th and 27th is now completely full! All emails to individuals have been sent out, if you have not received an email please contact us ASAP.
Individuals who have not registered and do not have a ticket will unfortunately not be able to enter the school. You are welcome to register for the reserve list should there be any openings, we cannot guarantee that there will be an opening. Please use the following link to register for the Open House reserve list: Open House Registration
In the meantime check out our Digital Open House tab for more information or take a VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE SCHOOL!
Social Science with Specialisation Social Science
The Social Science Program with specialisation Social Science at IEGS is an exciting and diverse pre-university program that prepares students for university studies in the Social Sciences, as well as Law, Education and Administration. Amongst others we offer courses in Biology, Business, Economics, English, Swedish, Modern Languages, Geography, History, Humanities, Math, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Religion.
Students are also able to include a variety of electives within their programme of study including: Art, Drama, Creative Writing, Journalism, Art, World Literature, etc.
The Social Science program specialisation Social Science seeks to develop the abilities of students to research, analyse, and communicate within the context of a wider awareness of the world. The goals of the programme are to:
- acquaint students with the principal concepts and practices in the social science disciplines
- help students develop an understanding of the scientific method and the objectives and current methods of social science research
- develop the language skills of the students so that they can communicate at an appropriate level generally, and specifically, in the vocabulary of the social sciences
- equip the students with the capacity to establish relationships between the principal elements and concepts of the social science disciplines
- help students integrate the disciplinary knowledge into a coherent framework.
University / Careers
Graduating from IEGS with the Social Science Programme will give you the skills to pursue university studies in Sweden or abroad. If you are looking for a career in archeology, business, criminology, international development, education, journalism, law, politics, psychology, tourism and urban planning, among many others, this is the kind of programme you should be considering.