Visit our Digital Open House!
Sign up for our live Open House Webinar on April 20-22, 2021 or take a Digital Tour of the school anytime.
At the Webinar you'll be able so sign up for individual programmes and meet teachers and students from those programmes. We'll also have a live Q&A towards the end of the session!
Social Science with Specialisation Social Science
The Social Science Program with specialisation Social Science at IEGS is an exciting and diverse pre-university program that prepares students for university studies in the Social Sciences, as well as Law, Education and Administration. Amongst others we offer courses in Biology, Business, Economics, English, Swedish, Modern Languages, Geography, History, Humanities, Math, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Religion.
Students are also able to include a variety of electives within their programme of study including: Art, Drama, Creative Writing, Journalism, Art, World Literature, etc.
The Social Science program specialisation Social Science seeks to develop the abilities of students to research, analyse, and communicate within the context of a wider awareness of the world. The goals of the programme are to:
- acquaint students with the principal concepts and practices in the social science disciplines
- help students develop an understanding of the scientific method and the objectives and current methods of social science research
- develop the language skills of the students so that they can communicate at an appropriate level generally, and specifically, in the vocabulary of the social sciences
- equip the students with the capacity to establish relationships between the principal elements and concepts of the social science disciplines
- help students integrate the disciplinary knowledge into a coherent framework.
University / Careers
Graduating from IEGS with the Social Science Programme will give you the skills to pursue university studies in Sweden or abroad. If you are looking for a career in archeology, business, criminology, international development, education, journalism, law, politics, psychology, tourism and urban planning, among many others, this is the kind of programme you should be considering.